Currently, Lionel Walden Primary School has seven classes which are organised as follows:-
Year 1 Class
Year 2 Class
Year 3 Class
Year 4 Class
Year 5 Class
Year 6 Class
The school’s published admission number (PAN), from September 2015, is 30. Children who have their fourth birthday by 31st August are able to start in the Foundation Stage (Reception) in September of that year. The application process opens in the October/November of the preceding year through Cambridgeshire County Council.
Please find below a link to the Admissions Department at Cambridgeshire County Council:-
The following oversubscriptions criteria are adhered to:-
Children who have a statement of Special Educational Need (SEN)/Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) that names the school will be admitted. Those children with a statement of SEN/EHCP that does not name the school will be referred to the Statutory Assessment Team (SAT) to determine an appropriate place.
1. Children in Care, also known as Looked After Children (LAC), and children who were previously Looked After but ceased to be so by reason of adoption, or residence order (now known as a child arrangement order) or special guardianship order.
2. Children who appear to have been in state care outside of England and cease to be in state care as a result of being adopted.
3. Children living in the catchment area with a sibling at the school at the time of admission.
4. Children living in the catchment area.
5. Children living outside the catchment area who have a sibling at the school at the time of admission. 6. Children of members of staff, providing that they have been employed for a minimum of two years and/or are recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable shortage.
7. Children who live outside the catchment area, but nearest the school as measured by a straight line.
In cases of equal merit in each set of criteria, priority is given to children living nearest to the school as measured by a straight line.
For further information, please contact Mrs Salisbury in the School Office