Since April 2011, the government has introduced additional funding (Pupil Premium Grant - PPG) for schools to raise the attainment of pupils who:
- are registered as eligible for free school meals
- were eligible for free school meals at any point in the past 6 years
- are 'looked after' (adopted from care or under a special guardianship order)
- have, or have had during the past 3 years, parents serving in the armed forces.
For the 2019 to 2020 financial year, funding for pupil premium for schools is:
- £1,320 per pupil of primary-school age
- £2,300 per pupil who has been 'looked after'
Service premium provides extra funding (£300) for pupils who were recorded in the School Census in January 2018 as having a parent serving in the armed forces or since January 2013.
If you believe your child qualifies for pupil premium funding, please contact the School Office.