Since April 2011, the government has introduced additional funding (Pupil Premium Grant - PPG) for schools to raise the attainment of certain pupils. These are currently pupils who:
- are registered as eligible for free school meals (January 2020)
- were eligible for free school meals at any point in the past 6 years (since May 2014)
- are 'looked after' (adopted from care or under a special guardianship order)
- have parents who are serving in the armed forces (census January 2020) or since January 2015.
For the 2020 to 2021 financial year, funding for pupil premium for schools is:
- £1,345 per pupil of primary-school age
- £2,345 per pupil who has been 'looked after'
Service premium provides extra funding (£310) for pupils who were recorded in the School Census in January 2020 as having a parent serving in the armed forces or since January 2015.
If you believe your child qualifies for pupil premium funding, please contact the School Office.